Ghostlight Theater Camp Counselors
Our campers will always be in good hands with the dedicated, energetic team of trusted bunk counselors we’ve assembled at Ghostlight Theater Camp. Typically, our counselors are college students who are lending their talents to our camp while working on earning degrees in theater, arts, or education. They bring their expertise to Ghostlight Theater Camp as trusted mentors, companions, and role models for our campers.
Our counselors are here to help our campers. Counselors help run our workshops and also assist with work on costumes and scene creation for productions. You’ll also see our counselors participating in evening activities with campers and putting on a staff talent show. Ghostlight counselors are always here to help.
In order to join our talented, helpful staff, all prospective counselors need to pass a background check and fill out a mandatory health form, following guidelines from the American Camping Association. Ghostlight is an accredited ACA member. We count on our trusted staff members to provide high caliber theater training and promote that fun camp experience we’re trying to create at Ghostlight Theater Camp.
- Two counselors live in a cabin with up to ten campers, creating a family atmosphere where campers begin and end each day.
- Counselors at Ghostlight are typically between 19 and 25 years old.
- Cabin counselors oversee fun activities like our ping-pong tournament, evening activities, pool games, and more!
- Our counselors take an active role in our campers’ productions, including stage managing, building props, and working on costumes.
- Counselors teach classes and workshops, and create opportunities for older campers learn more about university and college theater departments as they begin to think about their time after high school and camp.