July 30 | 2nd Session Show Day
- We invite you to attend all of our shows on August 6th!
- Please register the number and names of your camper's guests via the "Session 2 Show Day Guest Registration" form in the Family Forms section of your Family Dashboard.
- All guests must be "Up-to-Date" on COVID-19 vaccinations (which includes a booster shot for eligible ones) *) You must upload a vaccination card for each guest in your Family Dashboard.
- All guests (including those who recently recovered from COVID-19) will be required to show a photo of a negative COVID-19 test (antigen or PCR test with immediate results) administered on the morning of August 6th. Please purchase your at-home antigen test (online or at your pharmacy) now to avoid any supply issues, and bring the tests with you when you travel to Maine.
- Masks will be required for guests. Please wear a surgical KN95, KF94, or N95 mask. (No cloth masks, please.)
- Guests who are not feeling well may not attend our Festival Day.
Our Main Gate will open at NOON. Please do not arrive before noon. The schedule for the day is:
Amélie (at the Theater) at 12:30 p.m.
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (at the Theater) at 4:00 P.M.
FAMILY PICNIC (Dining Tent) at 5:30 P.M.
Boundless (at the Big Amphitheater) at 7:00 P.M.
A few more important notes:
- Campers are expected to attend all the shows unless they are dressing for their show.
- Campers will not be able to leave camp during Festival Day.
- Following the last show, campers and families will have a short time to say goodbye before we begin our closing ceremony and cast party!
- Pick-up on Sunday (August 7th) is between 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Please enter the camp through our main gate, and we will provide further instructions.
- Parents of CITs: we recommend coming toward the end of that pick-up time; our experience tells us that CITs often need a little extra time to say goodbye.
Thank you for partnering with us to make our Festival Day as safe as possible for our Ghostlight community! We're delighted that we will be able to share this special day with you.
Lesley & Chris
*The CDC webpage provides great information about when you are eligible for a booster, including an interactive tool based on age. We are happy to speak further and make appropriate accommodations for those who are not eligible for vaccination (either due to age or medical exemption).
Q: May I attend the shows with my camper?
A: Families and friends are encouraged to see all the shows!
Q: When should we arrive?
A: Families may start arriving at 11:30 a.m. Please drive in through our main gate and follow directions to park your car. Then head to the Check-In Tent (next to the yellow striped dining tent) to show the photo of your negative COVID-19 test and receive a bracelet and a name tag. Please do not arrive before 11:30 a.m.
Q: When should I leave?
A: The last show is scheduled to finish around 9:30 p.m. We'll say goodnight to families and then campers and staff will attend our closing ceremonies and cast party!
Q: Can we bring food and other items for our camper and/or their bunkmates?
A: Because of food allergies and other concerns, we ask you not to bring food into camp for your campers.
Q: Should I bring anything else?
A: You will spend a fair amount of time outside throughout the day, so bring lots of sunscreen, bug spray, and reusable water bottles. You are also welcome to bring a small fold-up stadium seat, camping chair, or seat cushion for the outdoor amphitheater and gazebo performances. The benches are not designed for comfort!
Q: Can I bring my dog?
A: Unfortunately, we cannot host our four-legged friends on show day.
Q: Will there be swimming?
A: Unfortunately, we won’t be able to open the pool during our Festival Day this year. No one is allowed in the pool area without a lifeguard present.
Q: What if it rains?
A: The show WILL go on outdoors (or, in severe weather, indoors.) We will perform through a drizzle. We will stop if lightning or thunder approaches and move indoors.
DISMISSAL — SUNDAY, AUGUST 7th
Campers should be picked up between 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 7th. If other arrangements are needed, please contact Lesley (email@example.com.)
Before you arrive to pick up, counselors will help each camper pack their belongings and move bags and suitcases to the lawn outside each cabin. Before you depart camp with your camper, please ask them to double check their cabin, the bathroom, the clothesline, the front porch, and the lost & found for any items that belong to them!
If your camper is picked up by anyone other than one or both of the parent/guardian(s) in your Family Dashboard, please be sure to contact Lesley (firstname.lastname@example.org) to share those details with us.
*The CDC webpage provides great information about when you are eligible for a booster, including an interactive tool based on age. For those who are not eligible for vaccination (either due to age or medical exemption), we are happy to speak further and make appropriate accommodations.